THE A48iC RED BOW HUNTING LIGHT KIT INCLUDES:
- 1 x A48iC Ambush Light
- 1 x RED Intensity Control LED
- 2 x 18650 Li-Ion Rechargeable Batteries
- 1 x 2-Position Smart Charger with A/C & DC Charge Adapters
- 1 x Intensity Control Bow Mount Coil Cord Tail Cap
- 1 x Standard Intensity Control Tail Cap
- 1 x Premium Storage / Carry Case
- Instruction manual
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Wicked Hunting Lights™ is excited to announce the addition of the all new A48iC Bow Hunting Light with Intensity Control and Scan & Kill® Technology. Successfully target hogs, coyotes, fox, bobcat, raccoon and varmints at night with the Wicked Hunting Lights™ A48iC Ambush Hog & Predator Hunting Night Hunting Light. The A48iC is purpose designed & built specifically for night hunting. The A48iC Ambush Light is not just adapted for use as with virtually all of the competitor lights. In fact a large percentage of "night hunting light companies" are using the exact same light known as a model number HS-802, or clone of it, and just having their name lasered onto the side of it. That's it, that's the extent of their research, development, field testing, design, prototyping, and effort in the development of their brand of night hunting night. In reality the HS-802 is an adequate utility flashlight, but it doesn’t hold a candle to a Wicked Hunting Lights A48iC Ambush Light.
THE A48iC AMBUSH LIGHT BASIC DESIGN FEATURES:
- Full Intensity Controlled rheostat cap that allow the light to be turned on at ANY power level.
- Purpose built and designed for night hunting.
- Precision machined T6 Aircraft grade aluminum with type III hard anodization.
- Designed, serviced, and warrantied in the USA.
- Our second generation hunting light with Scan & Kill® Technology. Featuring a unique Zoom / Focus design which allows you to focus and or defuse the light beam.
- Full intensity controlled adjustable power output of the LED combined with Zoom / Focus give you absolute control of light output and light intensity depending on the situation and your night hunting style.
- The A48iC Ambush comes in your choice of Green, Red, or White Intensity Control LED. The LED assembly features a 3-year warranty.
- Green LED - Ideal for hogs, general predator hunting (coyote, fox, bobcat)
- Red LED - Ideal for light shy predators (coyote, fox, bobcat)
- White LED - Ideal for bow fishing, law enforcement, general predator hunting, alligator, raccoon, other varmints, filming at night, general usage, when extra long-range light is required
- The A48iC Ambush LED assembly is produced by an ISO9001 certified LED manufacturer for consistent color, reliability, and manufacturing quality.
A48iC AMBUSH KEY INNOVATIONS AND DIFFERENCES:
1. Wicked Lights Full Intensity Control Tail Cap
The Full Intensity Control Tail Cap out classes the competition with true full-range control of light intensity coupled with selectable "ON/OFF" to any light intensity level the user desires - An industry first-in-class ability! In lieu of using a poorly performing analog circuit design for dimming and intensity control like some competitors use, Wicked Lights uses advanced pulse-width modulation (PWM) technology which provides for a much smoother and wider ranging light intensity adjustment ability and eliminates skewing of LED color which plagues analog designs.The mechanical tail cap design coupled with PWM circuit allows the user to adjust the light intensity to their exact intensity preference based on ambient light, distance to target animal, and animals reaction to the light (if any). Desirability of this design is easily realized when over a feeder or bait station and having the ability to pre-set the light intensity to the exact intensity for the distance - Not to bright, not to dim, just right, and then turn it "ON" to the exact intensity when needed. The PWM advantage is also easily demonstrated while scanning and having the ability to quickly adjust light intensity up or down based on the animals reactions.
2. Not All Light Bezels Are Created Equal:
- Bezel Design: When considering a light for night hunting the first thing you should look at is the bezel design. Decorative scrolling and cut-outs on the lens retainer ring may look artistic and aesthetically pleasing to the uninformed buyer. However, they can cause big problems when in the field at night...
- Decorative cut-outs are not the best choice for night hunting. In the field, at night, a light with decorative cut outs will "halo" and illuminate the shooter, weapon barrel, equipment, and hunting partners to the left and right of him. The A48iC minimizes the potential for side spill of light or "haloing" personal or equipment by utilizing a properly designed bezel with a built in halo shield.
Scan & Kill® Technology:
An exciting and relatively new development in night hunting lights is the ability to zoom focus the beam. The advantage of the zoom focus beam is the ability to defuse the light for your initial scanning, once you see eyes you can quickly adjust the intensity up or bring it back down based on the target animals reaction (if any) to the light. Ideal technique would involve defusing the light down during initial scanning until eyes are spotted, then gradually bringing up the intensity to full power, positively identifying the animal, and if hunting with a partner they engage the target animal with a dedicated weapon mounted light, or if they not equipped, then illuminating the target animal with the A48 scan light for the shot.
3. Not All Zoom Focus Lights or ZF Mechanisms Are Created Equal:
The Wicked Hunting Light A48iC Ambush utilizes a robust deep rotation grove for smooth transitions from flood to zoom. After careful consideration and extended field testing in very cold icy environments (Alaska, New York, Minnesota) the fine treaded style design was eliminated because of durability issues. Cold temperatures, frozen moisture and grease do not mix well with fine aluminum threads. Multiple fine threads also increase the effort, amount of hand twists, and time to rotate the bezel from flood to zoom or back. The deep groove also ensure no head wobble.
4. Not All Standard Light Features Are Created Equal:
- The A48iC features a built in halo shield which minimizes inadvertent Illumination of personnel or equipment to the left and right of the operator.
- Easy rotate bezel section which provides for complete control of light beam diameter and intensity in the range of one 360 degree rotation.
- Includes the Full Intensity Control Bow Mount Tail Cap with enhanced and upgraded wiring, push in and rotate to secure coiled cord for enhanced durability. Also includes the Intensity Control Standard Rheostat Tail Cap.
- The removable bezel lets you access the LED module. This Interchangeable LED Design allows you to swap LED's in and out and change colors at any time.
5. Not All Convex Lenses Are Created Equal:
The A48iC Ambush uses specially designed precision high magnification glass convex lens to focus and disperse light.
6. A48iC AMBUSH vs W403IC SIZE COMPARISON:
- The A48iC Ambush Bezel is smaller (48mm) than the W403iC and A67iC bezel (67mm).
- The A48iC Ambush is also slightly shorter in length and weighs less.
7. Not All Light Output and Battery Run Times Are Created Equal:
- The A48iC Ambush has excellent light output and will give you incredible range for how small and compact this light is.
- The A48iC provides superb full power continuous run times for virtually all hunting conditions.
Battery runtime note: Each Wicked Hunting Lights kit includes Li-Ion 18650 Protected Circuit (PC) batteries. Because of battery manufacturer variances, particularly in the under voltage settings of batteries and exaggerated milli-amp hour rating (mAh), light operation times can vary significantly. For example one brand of battery could have a 3.2VDC under-voltage PC setting and another could be 2.5VDC, which will result in a longer light runtime for the latter. Because of these variables the light runtime will vary depending on battery, milli-amp hour rating (mAh), battery state of charge, and PC installed in battery. The chart reflects our testing results using high quality 18650 PCB 2600mAh batteries which we feel reflects a solid conservative indicator of battery life. Your results may vary.
A48iC Ambush Light Specifications:
- Operation temperature: Minus -30 ~ 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Precision machined T6 Aircraft grade aluminum with type III hard anodization.
- O-ring sealed, water resistant.
- Battery type: Operates on 1 18650 PCB 3.7V Lithium-ion battery.
- High Output LED with 50,000hr life rating.
- A48iC Bezel Diameter: 48.0 mm / 1.89 inches.
- A48iC Body Diameter @ scope mount: 25.0 mm / 1.0 inch.
- A48iC Weight (one battery installed): 11.3 ounces.
- A48iC Length: 178.0 mm / 7.0 Inches.
- A48iC Length bezel extended to MAX zoom: 188.00 mm / 7.40 Inches.
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime on light housing. Three Years on LED assembly. One year on Tail Caps, Batteries and Charger, and other accessories. See manual for details and limitations.
- The A48iC features a full intensity control tail cap with the ability to power the light on at any desired intensity level.
- The A48iC comes in your choice of Green, Red, or White Intensity Control LED. The LED assembly features a 3-year warranty, and can be changed in the field in less than 30 seconds for those wishing to use or experiment with a diffident led color.
- The A48iC LED assembly is produced by an ISO9001 certified LED manufacturer for consistent color, reliability, and manufacturing quality.
- The innovative combination of high magnification convex lens, specially designed LED circuit, and LED module that screws in to mount pad stop combine to eliminate the tedious and frustrating LED light focus adjustment procedure found in many of our competitors designs. No adjustment required - access and change the LED in 30 seconds.
*Ambient light (moon phase), scope quality & power setting, LED color, battery state of charge, background foliage, rain, snow, and size and color of target species will all affect range.
**Approximate battery life using high quality, fully charged, Wicked Lights 18650 3.7 Li-Ion 2600ma battery. Note: Battery quality varies widely between brands and ma ratings are often grossly exaggerated on cheap batteries. During our testing we noted the Wicked Lights branded 18650 2600ma batteries would last up to 2 times longer then many private label brands. Green, Red, and White Led may begin to dim after long periods of continuous operation (as battery discharges).
***Manufacturer specifications are subject to change without notice.
|California Proposition 65 Warning: Click Here|